Monday 8 June 2015

Telling Stories – Tamper Tantrum Asia

Last year I was invited to take part in a short tour of Asia with Tamper Tantrum, and it lined up perfectly with some other work I’d been doing out there so it seemed too good of an opportunity to miss.

I tend to have periods of time where I think intensely about one particular issue. This talk was filmed last year, at the end of the tour and after a few weeks of events, talks and so on.1 I’d been obsessing about marketing, about communication and about the fact that much of what we want to achieve with our messaging… fails.

This may be a contentious point, but I argue in the talk why I think the way I do. It isn’t really a talk about what we’re doing wrong (I promise), but a way of looking at what we do and thinking about whether or not we’re really meeting our goals. How much of our story telling is truly our own? How can we tell stories that reveal things about our coffees and our businesses, that will delight and captivate our customers?

Here’s the video:

If you’d rather just listen then the audio is here:

(I start at around 2.00)

  1. This is why my voice was going a bit at this point  ↩︎

No comments:

Post a Comment