Saturday 11 March 2017

The best of jimseven book is here!

A little over a year ago I asked on here if people were interested in a best of jimseven.com book. Enough people said yes that I thought it was worth pursuing and over the last year I’ve been working on turning this into a reality.

I’ve invested my time and money and the book is now done. The cover is designed, the book layout is done, proofreading and copyediting are done. It is now ready to go to print. Printing books is expensive, especially if you want to print a cloth bound, foil debossed hardback book because you think books should be beautiful things.

As such I’m preselling the book through a crowdfunding project on Indiegogo. This is to fund the one and only print run of this book that I will ever do. 1

Over the last decade, I’ve never monetised this blog. Instead, I chose to cover the costs of creating and running it from my own pocket. My motivations for writing here were always to learn and share, and this was never a thing I wanted to mix with money.

Obviously selling this book is different. I’m proud of the work I’ve done here, and in the process of selecting the contents of the book I’m still surprised at just how much I’ve written here. In going back through the archives I felt posts that I liked a lot have likely gotten lost, and I think this is a good opportunity to share them again.

I wanted to make a book to take the best of what I’ve written and to make it easy and enjoyable to read. I also wanted it to be beautiful. If you don’t want a physical book then there’ll also be an ebook (in both .mobi and .epub version) available too – properly formatted for those devices.

The book is going to be a hardback with the same dimensions as the World Atlas of Coffee. I wanted them to look good sat next to each other on a shelf. It isn’t quite as long as the Atlas, at 200 pages, but the slightly heavier paper stock means it will be pretty close in size. Despite the small run size, I’ve done my best to keep the price as low as possible. I’m am interested in producing something I’m proud of, and that I love, and making it as accessible as possible.

I’m hesitant to ask you, my reader, for much. I’d love your support for this project, and it would mean a lot. I hope that, over the years, you’ve found something of value here.

Whether your support comes as backing the project and buying a book, or just sharing it on social media with people who might enjoy it, I am very grateful for your support.

Thank you.

The best of jimseven 2004-2015 on Indiegogo

  1. The ebook version will be available ongoing  ↩︎

No comments:

Post a Comment